Nanopro Vanilla is the perfect substitution for flour when baking and it can be incorporated into a variety of recipes. This Blueberry Lemon Cake is light and fluffy, easy to make and provides the perfect flavor combination of sweet and tart.
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (1 medium-size lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 and ½ cup Nanopro Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries, cleaned and dried
- ½ tablespoon almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon zest and sugar. Mix together with your fingers until zest is coated with sugar and mixture is fragrant
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar-zest mixture. Whisk together to combine.
- In another medium bowl beat the eggs, add in the greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice, vegetable oil, stir until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently to mix.
- Toss the blueberries with the ½ tablespoon almond flour.
- Once the batter is mostly mixed, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Using the back of the spoon evenly spread the batter.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. The top will be browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle will come out clean once done. Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes then turn the pan upside down to remove them.
- Serve immediately or store bread in a sealed container. Store at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Recipe adapted from Serene Herrera @ House of Yumm