Who's ready for a summer getaway?! While visions of being served craft-cocktails and room-service all day long on a tropical island bounce around in my head.. realistically, it may not be in the budget this year. TGFS - that's Thank God For Staycations! Without them, we might go a little crazy. A staycation can be just as fun, relaxing and enjoyable for the entire family.. and besides, spending time with the one's you love is what matters most!
Here are 30 summer staycation ideas anyone can enjoy, that won't break the bank!
1. Go to a water park
2. Play a round of mini golf
8. Go camping
9. Find a cheap hotel and stay a night (make sure it has a hot tub or swimming pool)
10. Rent a canoe and go for a little ride
11. Rent some fishing poles and go fishing
12. If your city has public transportation, take a ride around town
13. Park hop – go to 3 different parks in the same day and vote on which one is the best
14. Go to the zoo
15. Visit a national park
17. Find free movies in the park (they are usually put on by the city)
18. Many cities have a special day to celebrate the city (for example: Bear Lake, Utah celebrates Raspberry Days)
19. Visit a farmer’s market and make a meal
20. Take a historical tour of your city
21. Rent a tandem bike and go for a bike ride
22. Visit an amusement park
23. Take a tour of your city’s capital building (call before you go)
24. Go to a science or space museum
25. Rent a trailer and have a fun sleep over
26. Visit an aquarium
27. Build a fire pit and cook your dinner over the fire
28. Set up a tent in your backyard and have a slumber party
29. Go star gazing. Find maps and look for constellations
30. Go on a scavenger hunt. Let your kids make a list of items to search for.
Think of the amazing memories you will create! Happy Summer friends!
Originally posted by Tammy Fodrey