Whether you are doing something seemingly good or you have made a colossal mistake, chances are someone, somewhere is standing by ready to jab. Why? Because we are all mirrors of each other. Most of the time it has nothing to do with us, and it has everything to do with the other person. Maybe that person is just having a bad day or maybe they are dealing with something they can't handle. Either way, criticism has a negative impact. Your heart rate increases, you start to sweat, and you mind begins the exhausting game of defense.
How do you shake it off?
Here is a list of 20 things to start doing today to shake off negativity in your life & stay committed to your best self:
1. Take the high road. Conflict cannot continue with only one participant.
2. Free yourself from negative people.
3. Stay open to new, positive friendships with like-minded people.
4. Show everyone kindness and respect. No matter what.
5. Accept people just the way they are.
6. Support & encourage others in their greatness.
7. Accept your imperfections and love yourself anyway.
8. Don’t dwell. Forgive and move forward.
9. Be of service to others.
10. Keep in touch with the people who matter.
11. Allow others to make their own decisions.
12. Talk less, listen more.
13. Leave petty arguments alone.
14. Pay more attention to the relationship with yourself than what others are doing.
15. Know who your real friends are.
16. Ignore unconstructive, hurtful commentary on social media.
17. Stop comparing.
18. Take time every day for exercise & self-care.
19. Nourish your body with healthy foods.
20. Keep it light & when all else fails, find the humor and laugh.
How you react & show up in this world is up to you. Stay connected to your best self & shake off the haters. Keep doing what you love with your life and keep being awesome!
Sited from Brene' Brown: The Gifts of Imperfection